Thursday, October 2, 2014

Fortunately the Next Day... a miracle occurred!

First, let me say only one cake got baked last night.   There were not enough eggs in the fridge.  The last time I checked, I was certain there were enough eggs.  Apparently, I remembered The other one will happen tonight.  It may be cupcakes, I have not decided.  Suffice to say, this molten fudge cake looks pretty yummy right?  I hope the Chocolate Salted Caramel comes out as yummy!



Second, yesterday sucked.  Without going into gory details, I found out that apparently my name has been dragged through the mud by people I respect greatly.  I'm not sure if it is due to miscommunication or what, but it was startling and upsetting.  Now, these people and I aren't that close personally, but they are involved in several aspects of my life professionally.  Do you know how distressing it is to find out that people with that much connection have a completely different view of you than everyone else in your life.  (I know because I asked around last night - a lot.)  This morning, it turns out that there are others that not only agree with me and are trying to help.

I went home feeling a little sorry for myself, but then my hubby and I were able to spend time together.  I was reminded how much I love him and how much he loves me.  We both had bad days and just being together made it better.

This morning, I woke up with a spirit of thankfulness.   Thankful for my family, my friends, my dogs, my job, my health, our house and all the little things for which we often forget to be grateful. The fact that I woke up in a completely different spirit with a positive attitude is a bit of a miracle.  Usually something that big hits me hard and I internalize it and dwell on it and feel horrible.  Instead, I let it go and focused on the good in my life.

Today is going to be a good day!  Why?  Because I choose to make it one.

Now, let me get back to the actual blog post for today...

No comments: