Monday, July 8, 2013

Busy Bees!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!  We spent our 4th of July packing and moving the first load of C boxes into the new place.  I'm happy to say that we're almost back on move schedule.  90% of the C boxes in the old house have been moved (only the ones in the office remain), while about 10% of the B boxes have made the migration (see, it totals 100% so that's a win!).  Over the next week we will get the remaining C and B boxes in the new place.  I'm starting my final week A box tonight. 

We took the kids with us to IKEA to get some quick things we need for the new place.  It was an adventure, but it was cool to let them check out chairs and things for their rooms.  I've promised the girls they can paint their lamp and chairs when they get back from vacation with their mom.  Should be exciting.

IN the meantime, I've been hitting up craigslist for loft beds (IKEA was out - all the stores in the region!!) and futons.  I've scored on both so that will get picked up tonight.  Whew! 

So, all that being said, I've been wracking my brain trying to make the giant bed my husband and I enjoy (and need - he's 6'3ish...6'4? and I'm 5'11) fit in the narrow master bedroom.  It looks spacious and generally speaking IS spacious, but our bed is a monster - even without an actual headboard and footboard (which I dream of us having one day...)

Anyway, that's the quick update... another thought provoking (non-move related) post to follow!

No comments: