Friday, October 19, 2007

I embrace my failure!

So, I was talking with a coworker today about an administrative problem I will not be able to have corrected until upper management gets their collective heads out of their collective behinds. Jokingly, he says to me, "So, it sounds to me like what you're saying is, you're failing us yet again."

I laughed and said, "Yes. Yes, I am. And you know what, I'm ok with that - in fact, I embrace my failures." Laughter all around because quite honestly, I'm one of the hardest working people in this office. None of the rest of those wiseguys was at work until 9pm last night trying to fix the unfixable - nope, just me.

Anyway, after my comment I hear someone in a nearby cubicle (because privacy is an illusion the government doesn't even try to fake) say, "Hey, I didn't know you were married. You were talking about your spouse right? I call mine 'Failure',too."

I ended up just walking away, but I was left with an important question. Is this normal? Is this where all marriages are destined to end up? Seriously, I would hate to marry someone and one day find myself making jokes at their expense to a bunch of strangers. This is seriously bothering me today.

God, I'm such a girl sometimes. Well, all the time, but you know what I mean.

No comments: