Thursday, November 27, 2014

10 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 9

10 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 9

Day 1: Me!
Day 2: My Hubby!
Day 3: My Immediate Family!
Day 4: My Extended Family!
Day 5: My Friends!
Day 6: My Dogs!
Day 7: My Job!
Day 8:  My Country!

Day 9: Art!

I am an artist in many arenas.  I design for a living, act on the side (for a second living), sing, dance, paint on occasion, and am learning interior decorating.  I love all things art, even the stuff I don't like. Oh!  Did I mention I'm a writer.  While I have published illustrations, I have not yet published my written work.  I'm hoping to change that soon.  I consider my baking and cake decorating an art along with the wedding design work I have done.

However, I digress.  I adore art because it speaks to everyone in their own language.  As a tool it's a release and a joy.  As an experience, it is never the same twice.  Art can help you understand everything from history and religion to pain and love.

Without art in my life, I cannot imagine where I would be.  I have too many OCD and rigid tendencies without the creative side of myself.  The theatre and singing give me voice when sometimes I don't have the words to speak.

The grand expressions of performance are challenging and rewarding. From studying Shakespeare to modern comedy, every attempt stretches me as a person.

I could go on forever, but this post is late and it's almost 4am, so we'll consider this my brief note of thankfulness!

Good night!

- N

PS:  What were you thankful for today?

No comments: