Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fortunately, the next day - I lived!

So, some of you know back in July I had a car accident.  Well - to be fair, another car rolled over the median and almost hit me dead on.  I swerved and that probably saved my life (God was driving at that point, I was already mentally saying my farewells.) 

As you can see here, the car (my poor Prius that was almost paid off) took the brunt of it.  I walked away with scrapes and scars, glass in my wrist, and an overreaction when driving on 2 lane roads.

I don't have much to say about the accident.  There was nothing I could have done to predict or prevent it.  It ruined the 4th of July and is the reason I have not yet picked up my grandmother's dining room set from North Carolina.  Beyond that, it gave me a reality check.

First:  I had no plans to get a new car.  We just bought a house and I was convinced I couldn't afford it and didn't need the additional bills.  Despite the high mileage I put on that car in short order due to job changes in location (grrrr) and the subsequent car issues I was bound to have, I was determined to get a few more years out of it.

Second:  Had I not miscarried, I would have been about 9 months pregnant when that happened.  The thought of it scares me.  How much would that have affected my reaction time?  Things could have been so much worse.

Lastly:  Whenever I think I have things under control or know what I'm doing, the good Lord above sees fit to remind me who is in control.  Not only in the having of the accident but the saving my life during and the subsequent absolute lack of medical difficulty.

So now I have a new Prius - my first new car ever - with bells and whistles I only dreamed of previously.  I also have a new attitude on life in general.  As the blog title says...

Fortunately, the next day...

No comments: